This was my mom's thimble collection. I've been aching to find a way to display it in our house and to modernize it just a bit. I'm hopelessly hooked on the painter's trays and crafting with them so I decided to try to do something similar with this.
So here is the beginning.
I used my dremmel tool with a small saw blade on it to cut out some of the individual slots to make bigger slots, making them a bit closer to mimicking a painters tray.
I got to use my love of spray paint to change the color
Now for the fun....er....challenging part. Filling it up. I was able to get a lot of the pieces from the jewelry section and the miniature house section at Hobby Lobby.
it's getting closer....
Ta dah!!!!! I am really very pleased with how it turned out!!!! I love finding a way to incorporate the old with the new and make it unique.
Another crafty project that Mikayla and I did together was this. We were getting in the fall/Halloween decorating mood and we had Bobby (the little fella below, on the left). We decided Bobby was lonely and needed his new friend Brienna...... the only problem was that the store didn't have a Brienna.....
We went ahead and bought another Bobby to see what we could do to create a Brienna.
We sewed a skirt, made a necklace, move a bow tie to be a hair bow, added hair, added shoe bows and we were just about there!
Here's the hair, I wasn't really up for "making" it out of yarn or whatever we could find, so we got some prefabbed hair... cut it off of the headband below...and viola! Hair!
She's coming right along!
Ah!! There we have it, we now have a Bobby and a Brienna. She was made with extra special love so she's an extra special friend!
Happy Fall Ya'll!!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment