Background

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Close call!!

Last week we had a MAJOR thunder storm and it was crazy out there!!!  Michael happened to be home (thank goodness because the dog is SOOOOOO scared of storms) and all of a sudden there was a HUGE BOOOM BOOM like two cannons got shot off in the back yard.
 
It turns out the neighbors palm tree took a direct hit of lightening!   Our tree is on the right, his tree is on the left.
 
We didn't actually notice until Sunday, the storm was on Friday.
 
 
As the week progressed the tree was really in bad shape :(
 
 
 Then I happened to see this....
 
 
They came to cut it down, there was no hope it would grow back.

 
Going.....
 
 
Going....
 
 
Gone!
 
 
I was driving down the street and saw our back yard neighbor walking his dog so I slammed the brakes on to talk to him.  hee hee.  He said that they had some Spanish ornament type things hanging on the tree and the lightening completely shattered them, he said there was glass all over the yard from it. 
 
We are all so thankful that no one was hurt!  It did knock out their phones, our alarm panel and system (which has been fixed already), it also knocked his next door neighbor over...literally it made the man fall down :(  but no one got hurt.  So I guess I'll appreciate my tree for awhile since I guess it's now our official lightening rod....
 
The picture below on the left was two days after it was hit and the right was four days after that.
 
 
That was a close call.

No comments: