Background

Monday, May 21, 2012

Little Flowers Tea Party

We had our Mother/Daughter Tea Party with our Flower Girl Club.  It was SO much fun.  All of the mothers really pitched in and made it a special day!!!  We had beautiful decoration, great food, LOT of fun!!

The girls made flowers out of tissue paper.  So cute.


Our programs.  I loved all the lacy table clothes...it was really sort of special because I brought them all for our party and they were all handmade by the previous generations in my family, so it was sort of like my mom and grandmothers were able to come to the tea party too and I really liked that thought.


We set up in frames, each virtue that we learned about during the term.


Preparing to do our walk to the prayer garden to give flowers to Mary.  (May is Mary's month, to celebrate her as Jesus' mother.)




Well....in typical Kirsten fashion.... we were singing a hymn...it is a very pretty song.  (I just love that, singing together is really a highlight to me, I'm not any good at all but I still enjoy it.)  So the song we were singing is Oh Maria.... and I really had to work hard to keep my composure because the only way I knew all the words to this song....was because of the movie Sister Act.... (I love that movie) click the link for the song (we didn't sing it with so much boogie woogie though) (even though that's what I heard in my head)   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHASQg8fR0s

Anyway, here is Mikayla coming back from giving her flowers to Mary.  She was very curious as to how/why I knew all the words to the song...which made me laugh inside a little bit more.  She was surprised....


Here she is really listening to the direction for the bingo game (of course in the Little Flower theme of things).  Instead of normal bingo it was Little Flower bingo... :)  it was a really good idea!  (doesn't she look thrilled?)  LOL


Then we had some lunch.  One of the ladies actually cut up and strung a rosary out of watermelon!!  I wish I had taken a better picture of it, you can see it in the fruit tray below, the ring of round watermelon balls and then the rind cross in the middle, what a great idea!! 



Then we made some little fans...of course at a tea party, to be dainty, we needed fans to keep cool....  


Our pretty centerpieces. 


Then there was a really touching slide show video of our time together, it was really neat.  It played to the songs that we learned all year.


Then Mikayla was presented with her certificate completing Wreath III and her Mother Daughter patch that goes on her sash. 



Group picture, we were missing quite a few girls but still had about 45 people (mothers, daughters, grandmothers) came to our tea party.   


It was a really nice time!!  We can't wait to do it again, I think it will start back up in September.   The last thing we do to complete our Wreath for this year is for Father Sean to present the girls with their stems during mass next weekend. 

What a GREAT time we've had!!!

2 comments:

The Eckers said...

That looks like sooo much fun!! I love sister act too... I have the cd, you should hear me when I put that on and cook! LOL

Kirsten said...

LOL Becky - I really should get it, I love the music. I've had that song in my head since Saturday ;) hee hee