Background

Monday, February 25, 2013

Satisfaction Galore....

We started off our weekend by partying with about 30,000 other people at the rodeo/cook off.  It was really a lot of fun!!!  We had tickets to three different booths started at one, went to another, forget the third and went back to the first.  It was fun!! 



GREAT music!!  You can have any kind of fun with great tunes!!!



Then our nephew was in his basketball tournament!  IT really was fun to go watch him play!!


Michael was able to drive the neighbors vet...... I'm really not sure how that all happened but the two men had a blast!


We worked on the front porch and got the swing hung and we spent some time out there swinging, rocking and shooting the breeze!!  I LOVE this house!!!  I LOVE the porch..it's a new favorite spot (well one of the hundred we're discovering)!  




Next.... The cabinet below has been DRIVING ME CRAZY. 

It's really big.....
It's really high.....
It was really not the best for function. 

At our old house I had the pots/pans in the cupboards below...I was tired of that and darn it I wanted to make this cabinet usable but when you have to take all the pans out to find the one you want....is it really worth it???


(see, super high for the vertically challenged individuals of the world) 


Enter Exhibit A (not my mother in law but rather the round circular platform she's holding)


We have two of those bad boys!


I was able to find a 28 inch - two tier Lazy Susan!  They are HUGE!!  I then became concerned that they wouldn't even fit in the cabinet I thought was so big!!!!

Well.....

They did!!!!!!!


Mikayla helped me empty the old cabinet, and get the new one all set up (I even used a level to make sure the pole was straight LOL).


I did have to change out the center pole because we were missing one part of the original order so Michael suggested using a tension rod - thereby eliminating the need for this seemingly simple project, to become a major one.  EXCELLENT idea!

So seriously....this is one of my new favorite things too!!!  it's AMAZING!!!  made that unusable - unloved cabinet....totally functional and organized and well just pretty to look at!!  HA!  Success!!!

AND the vertically challenged can reach everything...like EVERYTHING in there...from front to back, we only need to spin and reach!!  AMAZING!!!


and the last bit of productivity (thanks to my mother in law) was this blue ladder..... no before pictures but it was basic wood with a TON of splattered paint on it (it was my dads paint ladder for many many years), and we just can't have that, can we?

Hello blue girl!!  I love you too!!!


It's hard to see but the new pretty blue - matches my preexisting beautiful blue mixer....ahhhhhh it's the little things in life!

So there we have it.  A weekend full of fun, play, function, little projects that make a HUGE difference and are so satisfying.... So it was a very satisfying weekend!!  I love seeing our space come together in exactly the way I want it to.

No comments: