Background

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!!

What a beautiful and perfect weekend it was! It was everything I wanted it to be!!!

The Lily in the picture below..... bloomed, what is so special about it is that the day we found out we were pregnant with Mikayla, my dad and I planted some Lily's (at the old house).  When we moved we brought one with us to the new house. Not only did the one that we planted bloom and grow, it spread and has four branches now that are also getting ready to bloom.  I will forever love this plant!!  It was just perfect that we planted them the day we found out and just perfect that it bloomed over Mother's Day weekend.

I miss my mom though, days like Mother's day bring it home again.  From all the Mother's Days I wanted to be a mom (7 of them to be exact that we had to wait, I was torn up because I wasn't one) to now not having my mom...... I never got to have one with both of them.... with my mom while I was one.... I did call my mother-in-law two separate times (she called me once too LOL) on Mother's day and we texted too.... I'm SOOOO thankful for her!!  She is an amazing woman!

Right now, I'm alllll about making our new house - home and what means home to me are some of my fondest childhood memories about tons of flowers.  So for the next few years, I'll be asking for bulbs and bushes for all holidays! 

This year my dad and Mikayla got me the rose bush below.  It smells sooooo good and is so pretty.  I can't wait to have a weekly bouquet of fresh flowers from the garden!!!!  However, Mikayla seems to think it's hers because she is the one that made me a mom.... goodness who can argue with that logic, right?


Speaking of gardens.... LOOK AT THIS BABY BEAN!!!


Back to Mother's Day!  Michael and Mikayla got me the 3 tier planter and all the plants below, Mikayla and I had a blast planting them!  (I threw in some fresh herbs for fun too, sage, basil, cilantro and thyme) so not only pretty but pretty edible too ;)


Awwww look at our first baby cucumber!!! 


and some of the bell peppers. 


YUM tomato's we have tons of them growing!!


carrots....

 

Our yellow squash blooms, there are a lot more of them now.


 Another bell pepper.  We have poblano peppers and banana peppers growing also.

It is AWESOME!

So here is home!  It is so much fun to see it change and become more ours the longer we are there.  I have to be real though when I say the yard/garden wouldn't be happening (you know, full time work, full time mom, wife, friend, cook, maid, launderer, 2 hour daily commute....)(not at all realistic to add more into a day).  So without my dad (he is the master Gardener), Fidel (amazing lawn and more helper), an automatic sprinkler system (didn't have that before), garden beds that already existed  that we just added to or changed and didn't have to start from scratch.... it wouldn't happen.  I love that the slate wasn't completely blank as we do this but without the help we have..... it wouldn't exist and if it did, it wouldn't be quite the same or quite as enjoyable!!  It was exactly one year ago this week that we put our old house on the market, listed for 14 days, one looker, one buyer, 45 day close, move, 3 days later flood, home reconstruction for 3-4 months and here we are!  PHEW

And yes, the porch swing is still one of my absolute favorite places to be!!  We go out there just about every day.  I have been known to even leave the dishes *gasp* until the sun goes down so that we can swing for awhile and just enjoy (and hope that the gnomes and fairy's come to life and do the dishes for us, where is my unicorn anyway)...it hasn't happened yet but it doesn't stop me from hoping!


and this is how the day is going today..... have you ever had one of those days??  Just keeping it real.

These are my legs and feet....
today.....
at work.....

see anything strange??  yea....I don't either besides that carpet..... seriously.....



No comments: