Background

Friday, May 31, 2013

Last Day of School!

Seriously......

Where is the time going?  I can't believe that the school year is already done.  Mikayla did exceptionally well, her grades are great and I know she really worked hard for them too.  (Yes, even in first grade...)

So here's my gal holding her "first day of first grade" picture on her last day of first grade.  Physically, she is probably at least 4-5 inches taller than she was, she's definitely matured in her face and eyes.... but her smarts...holy moly HUGE HUGE HUGE difference since the beginning of the year.




Once a goofball....always a goofball and I LOVE IT!!!



I'm pretty sure the face below is what gets her whatever she wants from Michael LOL!!! 








Then the "serious" poses.....



in the picture below...she was praying..... giving thanks she made it through first grade!  Gosh this girl.....


Abbie said, hey....what about me??


Then after school....well let me back track a little, the day actually went like this, left home to drop her off at school, then there was a time gap so we went to Target, then back to school for mass and ending ceremonies, then a time gap and we went to Home Goods, then back to school for end of year party/farewells, then we went to our traditional tea room for lunch.  Mikayla and I both get our drinks in the tea pots and then pour for each other....but when you pour you have to say in your best British accent "would you like a spot of tea, miss"....... Michael was able to join us for lunch too!  He thought we were nutsy......(of course we continue to prove that he's right)  hee hee!


Then........ we went home and Mikayla counted up the money she's been saving.....

and we decided we had to go meet a new friend.

her name is Saige


Mikayla had in fact, saved enough money to buy Saige (the girl of the year 2013).  But as a reward for her report card and just doing a great job in general, I didn't make her spend it all.  She was SO happy!!


Of course we have to take her out of that box while we're in the store. 



So now both Mikayla and McKenna have a new friend. 


When Mikayla realized I was going to pitch in and not make her spend all of her money, she was tearfully thanking me and saying I make her heart so happy.  Just her thank you brought me tears too.... she was SO sweet about it and she's totally happy that she's already got a head start on what she wants next from American Girl.

So now, we're gearing up for 2nd grade!!  YIKES!!!!  Where o where has the time gone?

No comments: