Background

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Little Fixer Uppers

I'm always striving to have a comfortable and nice looking home. Granted my project list is so long that post it notes for my to do lists weren't cutting it so I "had" to transfer it to excel, separated by room and what I wanted to do to that room to make it new and fresh again. Here a a couple of teeny things I've been doing.

I will attempt to remember to do before/after pictures...but more often than not I forget until afterwards. LOL

Here we have the newly painted powder room. I'm not completely done in there but here are some little things.

This frame below, I got a template, frost sprayed it on the glass, secured the glass in the frame, and made the wreath out of felt. I'm not sure it will survive in this room (meaning it might get moved somewhere else but for now....here it is.



here is a little shelf I hung in there, also the towel rack below it, used to be shiny shiny silver... :) I am seriously loving the ultimate power of spray paint!




Thanks to pinterest, I'm finding neat ways of organizing and reorganizing. This is a simple thing I've done in the master closet. It was really getting bogged down, so I not only rearranged the whole thing, I took out a 6 foot book shelf (was holding my towels), removed a smaller white shelf, moved stuff around, put the linens inside the door in the dresser below, and the stuff that was in the dresser, I put in baskets and then hung them up (thank you pinterest). I may redo a few things that will require moving these baskets, but for now... here they are :)




Next is my floor lamp in the living room. I'm going to be spray painting a few more fixtures but I just HAD to spray something, so this was my next victim LOL. It started out a marbly greenish color....






Immediate transformation to this color, it's not black and it's not brown...something in between and it's beautiful! Everything will be this color soon LOL (meaning there are definitely more targets for my spray paint!)





So hopefully I'll keep working on my projects and get my house updated and fresh and maybe just a little bit wow, but the best part is just making it home!!!

No comments: